Thursday, January 3, 2008

2007 in Theater

This past year has been a fun and busy one of theater-hopping. This has been the most I’ve seen for quite some time, just over the period of a year. There are a few prods I’d rather forget, but there are some treasures in the list I’ll be remembering for a long time too. I have a feeling dadami pa ito ngayong 2008, but it’s not like I’ll be complaining! Here’s to a great year in entertainment and a new one to look forward to.

PRODUCTIONS I’VE SEEN
Sandaang Panaginip (ENTABLADO)
High School Musical (BLUE REP)
Gay Birds (REP PHIL)
The Wedding Singer (REP WORKSHOP)
The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee (BLUE REP)
Fluid (ADMU BFA-TA SENIORS) → best school-based prod I’ve seen this year
Mulan (TP)
Sister Act: Back in the Habit (BLUE REP)
Avenue Q (ATLANTIS)
Himala, the Musicale (TP) → still my fave orig Fil. musical along with ZZZ
Paa ng Kuwago/Sino Ba Kayo? (DULAANG SIBOL)
Into the Woods (NVC)
Insiang (TP) → best original Filipino play I’ve seen ever
The Silent Soprano (DUP)
Fiddler on the Roof (REP PHIL)
The Death of Memory (TA)


PRODUCTIONS I REGRET MISSING (AND MY EXCUSES)
Belong Puti (PETA) → naubusan ng ticket sa gustong date
Batang Rizal (PETA) → board exams
Pilipinas Circa 1907 (TP) → board exams
Children’s Letters to God (AAI) → ang layo ng alabang!
Romulus D’ Grayt (PETA) → kinema event
Art (AAI) → isang gabi lang kasi
Dogeaters (ATLANTIS) → nagtitipid, at napagod dahil 5 prods in nov! haha

2008 PRODUCTIONS I’M LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING
Kudeta (TP)
EJ (TP)
Skin Deep (PETA)
Altar Boyz (REP PHIL)
Tanikalang Ginto (ENTA)
Golden Child (TP)
Orosman at Zafira (DUP)
Himala (kung ibalik) and Oro Plata Mata (kung matuloy na) (TP)
Hairspray (ATLANTIS)

No comments: