Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Weeds (TV show) and Spring Awakening link

The DVD has been with me for quite some time, but it was only recently when I started watchng this series. After two episodes, I was hooked. This is a really funny and clever show!

Mary Louise Parker (remember her from Angels in America?) stars as Nancy Botwin, a single mom of two who deals marijuana to make ends meet in the suburbs of Agrestic.

Mary Louise Parker as a single mom dealing in the suburbs


Flashback: A video of her as Harper in the Mike Nichols version of Angels in America


Season 1 trailer


Weeds promo


I was looking for information about the show online when I saw a "Spring Awakening" tag in one of the sites so I checked it out. Interestingly, Hunter Parrish, who plays the elder son Silas in the series, is taking over the role of Melchior Gabor in Spring Awakening starting Monday, Aug.18.

There's an article and a good rehearsal clip from Broadway.com:



No comments: