Wednesday, November 5, 2008

"Change has come to America"

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep. We may not get there in one year or even in one term. But America, I have never been more hopeful than I am tonight that we will get there... I will always be honest with you about the challenges we face . I will listen to you, especially when we disagree... This victory alone is not the change we seek. It is only the chance for us to make that change. And that cannot happen if we go back to the way things were."
-USA President-Elect Barack Obama

"I pledge to him tonight to do all in my power to help him lead us through the many challenges we face. I urge all Americans who supported me to join me in not just congratulating him but offering our next president our good will and earnest effort to find ways to come together... I wish goodspeed to the man who was my former opponent and will be my president."
-Sen. John McCain

Obama's Nov.4 Victory Speech (In two parts)



Senator John McCain's Response




From www.cnn.com

From npr.org

No comments: