Saturday, October 20, 2007

My Laptop: RIP. Is it time to switch to a Mac? Let me know.

After three weeks of waiting, I finally got the news. My laptop is dead. The technician said it was a busted circuitboard. Apparently, getting a new board for my old laptop is not practical anymore (It'd cost like a new basic laptop already).

Hay, Murphy's Law. Bakit ngayon pang naghahabol ako ng thesis at kailangan ayusin ang biochem lectures.

Anyway, I've been scouting for a new laptop via the net. I intend to get it elsewhere- HK, Sngapore, or the US. (As long as I finalize the list of people going there and getting back here by november). I've also been seriously considering getting a MacBook recently. A friend just got his after being a long-time PC-user and he's had a great experience so far.

My major concerns about getting one before were compatibility issues but since the new Leopard OS is coming out in a week, all that's been blasted away. (Check out the bootcamp feature using this link: BOOTCAMP-run windows on your mac too. You can run two operating systems at the same time on a partitioned drive with the new OS. Grabe na ang MAC). Hopefully, I can get it discounted too with the help of another friend.

LEOPARD'S BOOTCAMP

MAC-users and fans, tell me what you think. You know what they say- "Once you go MAC, you never go back." Is it time? Hehe.

No comments: